Engineer and Architecture Intern
Yorktown, VA, United States
To contribute creative work in an entry level position for a challenging design firm.
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a minor in Studio Art
· Assisted in a Building Structures course centering on steel, timber and reinforced concrete design.
· Tutored students and corrected tests and quizzes.
· Contributed to development of composite pole process through research and brainstorming.
· Assisted in structural sample testing, vendor and product research, technical writing including test reports and instructions, lab work, and literature searches.
· Team leader for research process and lab activities.
· Developed career ladder for AEWC employees.
· Developed AEWC graphic representation.
· Steel and concrete design, structural analysis, and design of substation equipment and footings.
· Exposure to modeling in Risa3D and RisaFoot.
· Gained experience in codes and their applications.
· Fielded operational questions from students in MicroStation.
· Passed the NCEES 8-hour Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Examination.
· Graduated from an ABET-accredited engineering program, or related science curriculum approved by the Board.
Passed 2010 Summer introductory course
Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign. Intermediate proficiency in Illustrator
Designed footings in RisaFoot for substation equipment, modeled bridge trusses in Risa2D and substation bussing with support structures in Risa3D.
Basic modeling, grouping, rendering
Relevant coursework includes steel design, reinforced concrete design, structural analysis, soil mechanics, transportation safety, building construction, project management.